ISO 14001 was first published in 1996, updated in 2004 with a revision in September of 2015. It replaces all previous editions. The purpose of the ISO 14001 standard is to address environmental protection within organizations and respond to changing environmental conditions. Organizations can achieve these goals in a standard fashion when an Environmental Management System is established. It underlines the continual need to improve the suitability, adequacy, and effectiveness of this system.
This course will give you a overview of the ISO 14001:2015 standard. Brandon compares the 2004 release to the 2015 release. He provides helpful information and suggestions when transitioning from your current EMS to the 2015 version.
The Intended Audience:
- Brief Look at the Standard
- The Context of the Organization
- Organization Knowledge
- Communications (Internal vs External)
- Documented Information
- Monitoring & Measurement
- Interested Parties / Internal & External Issues
- Leadership in your EMS
- Environmental Policy
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Risks & Opportunities
- Compliance Obligations
- Internal Audits
- Continual Improvement
Upon completing the course and quizzes, you will receive a certificate of completion.
- Companies that have a current ISO 14001 EMS (2004 compliant)
- New to ISO 14001: Companies looking into a first time certification for ISO 14001:2015 EMS
- Executive Staff involved in your EMS
- Environmental Compliance Managers
- Internal Auditors
- EMS Project Manager